Sustainability & Environment
We are committed to move towards becoming a low carbon, low waste, environmentally responsible organisation. Our Environmental Policy Statement requires that:
- We regularly review the cleaning chemicals we use to ensure that we buy products that perform well in terms of environmental impact and performance efficiency. We aim to use environmentally friendly products, without compromising on quality or performance
- We look for suppliers who have an Environmental Management System (EMS) that has been accredited to ISO 14001 standards
- We avoid cleaning products where animal testing has been used in their development
- We work with our suppliers to minimise unnecessary product packaging. Where possible, all packaging received from suppliers will be recycled
- We consider ourselves to be a "local" company. All of our employees are recruited locally and most of our direct suppliers are local businesses
- Unnecessary journeys are avoided and the importance of planning to minimise journey miles is communicated to relevant staff
Products are selected both for their effectiveness and for their environmental and sustainability credentials.
COSSH safety data sheets are available on request for all chemicals used.
Note that while we monitor the use of chemicals to avoid unnecessary and wasteful practices, we do not operate "quotas". We will always provide our cleaners with sufficient products to clean your building to your requirements.
Raw Materials & Packaging
Cambrian Cleaning’s goal is to recycle all incoming supplier packaging. Outer cardboard packaging that is removed at our central stores is all recycled. We also recycle cardboard packaging at all sites where recycling facilities are available.
Premiere Products, our main supplier of cleaning chemicals, do not carry out or support any animal testing nor are phosphates used in any of Premiere’s manufactured products. Product containers are manufactured from HDPE and PET which are 100% recyclable. Cardboard cartons are manufactured using 100% recycled material and are also 100% recyclable.